Flag Day is Friday June 14, 2013. Have you dusted off Old Glory from her winter hibernation?
In preparation, I wanted to share proper flag etiquette with you.
- Never Allow the flag to touch the ground or any other object while on display.
- Salute the flag as it is hoisted and lowered, during the playing of National Anthem and while saying the Pledge of Allegiance.
- When you stand at attention, place your right hand over your heart and remove your hat.
- Display a flag outdoors only between sunrise and sunset, unless illuminated by a spotlight.
- When displaying the flag indoors, always display it to the right of a speaker or staging area.
- To place the flag at half-staff, hoist it to the peak for an instant before lowering it to a halfway position.
So unfurl your Old Glory and display her with pride!
Flag Day: Friday June 14